Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cakes ?? OMG !

Birthdays always bring joy be it yours or your loved ones.. Today was one such day. One of my colleague’s day and the whole crew was set to have a blast.. This is not a usual happening in my laboratory where people forget that they do exist in a society other than the serious research they pretend to do. I am not sure if this is the case with all the scientific community. So most of the days it is like work and work with no profound results as my head always remarks... But she is a lady of immense lenience that we all survive without any sort of stress. Another incomparable attribute of women ! The post is not related to her or our laboratory. Let me divert to the core issue.
Morning was busy to figure out plans to make the day memorable. Thanks to the new two students joined who made this possible (may be they are not drowned in the sea of makeover researchers). Birthdays are meant to express your love and all that you feel. It is evident through your deeds that how much pain you took to make the day. Gifts, cards, cakes all the stuffs are quiet transparent. If you have eyes to perceive even the attitude and sincerity are visible in it.. We bought a gift after so much arguments and it was worth it I guess. As the number of friends increases so will the ideas and it is difficult to make them intersect. Finally to add color some decorations and yes a cake too. Neatly adorned and all in pink with beautiful flowers.
 It looked yummy !!                                                

We forgot the candles but thanks to the movie ‘Wake up Sid’. I never knew matchsticks could make such a big grin to every face.. Even my guide was excited to see the decorated lab gleaming..


He cut the cake and then being the senior most it was my turn to make neat pieces without crumbling and wee it was a success. But you know I felt something fishy as the knife passed the core. Was it sticky oh maybe the rich butter that was my thought .. To finish I took my piece and ohw the smell !! Soar butter ?? Gosh the rich butter cake was displaying all the dirty colors towards the deep layer. Rather a culture of moulds and fungus.. All green .. As I turned I could see the embarrassed faces not knowing what to do slowly to end up in roars of laughter .. How did it happen ?

The poor birthday boy I wish he will be fine.. But indeed a day to cherish .. My ever first experience on an occasion like this..

Someone to share such a nasty day ?

8 comments:

anupama said...

Dear Tara,
Good Evening!
Happy Birthday to your friend!
he or she?I got confused.
On these occasios,laugh it off.....nothing else to do!:)
Later fire the bakers!
I enjoyed reading your post,Tara!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Sasneham,
Anu

Readers Dais said...

Hi! Tara,
remembering a freinds or colleagues birthday itself is a gr8 gift that he/she gets....
so to have a freind like you who remebers birthdates is wonderful..
thanks for sharing tara...
:)

Piper .. said...

oh Good Lord!! :):) Of course you should just laugh it off! Not your fault! You`ll see how this will become a standing joke over the years :)

Tara said...

@ Piper : yea that was fun !! Thanks for visiting my blog..

Tara said...

@anu: The baker did return the money !!

@ Reders Dais: I always remember the dates .. After all its worth it !

surjit singh said...

The name of your blog is unique:
TARA ram pum
Wah!

Tara said...

@ srjit: Thank you !! Credit goes to my better half .. Keep on track please ...

Chandrika Shubham said...

Very beautiful cake. Its sad u people can't enjoy it.

Post a Comment